Roasted Blood Orange and Pomegranate Beet Salad
4 large beets
- 1 tbs Awesome Olive EVOO
- 1/2 cup goat or feta cheese (or be a rebel and use both)
- 2-3 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds or sliced almonds
- Baby Spinach
¼ Cup Pomegranate Dark Balsamic
- ¼ Cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
Heat oven to 375F
- Wash and cut ends off beets, place in foil and drizzle with Tbs of EVOO, salt. Seal foil and bake for 1 hour or until fork tender. Let cool.
- Using gloves or paper towel, Peel should just rub off, slice beets and place in a bowl with baby spinach and crumbled goat and/or feta cheese (reserve some for topping).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Pomegranate Dark Balsamic, Blood Orange Olive Oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the beets and carefully toss together.
- Top with remaining goat and/or feta cheese, sunflower seeds and/or sliced almonds.