Pancakes with Blood Orange EVOO
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups milk or buttermilk
2 Tbsp butter
The Awesome Olive Bourbon Maple or Chocolate Dark Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling as syrup
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together. To the mixture, add egg, milk or buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons of the Blood Orange Olive Oil. Whisk until you have a smooth batter (try not to over mix).
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of Blood Orange Olive Oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium sauté or frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until you see bubbles form on the top.
- Flip the pancake with spatula and cook until golden brown on the second side. Transfer the pancake to a plate and put in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more olive oil and butter to the pan as needed.
- To serve, drizzle the pancakes with your favourite syrup or our Bourbon Maple Dark or Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar and garnish with your favourite fruit.