397g bagged coleslaw or
7 cups cabbage, shredded
1 ½ cups shredded carrot (1 medium)
½ cup Mayonnaise
½ cup Sour Cream (full fat is best)
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp Honey Ginger White Balsamic
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp white sugar or 1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp celery seed or poppy seed (optional)
¾ tsp celery salt
¼ tsp black pepper or to taste
- Wash, drain and thoroughly dry cabbage/ carrot or bagged coleslaw.
- Place cabbage mix in a large enough bowl to properly mix in dressing.
- In another bowl whisk together all dressing ingredients together until well mixed.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mix reserving about a 1/4c (see note), toss well.
- Set aside in fridge for 20 minutes to 2 hours or even overnight (longer the better!).
- Toss again before serving.
Note: as coleslaw is sitting the cabbage will go limp (as it should) but will also draw out moisture causing the dressing to thin. Use the reserved dressing to bring it back to life.
Tips: swap out some green cabbage for red cabbage, add dried cranberries and/or chopped apple. This is great in your favourite sandwich, burger, hotdog or sausage on a bun.