Blackberry Ginger Pineapple Chicken
- 1 lb (454g) chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup flour
- salt and pepper
- enough Awesome Extra Virgin Olive Oil to shallow fry chicken
- 2-3 Tbsp Awesome Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- 398ml can pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- 1 Tbsp. Awesome Chipotle or Harissa Olive Oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Awesome Toasted Sesame Oil
- ¼ cup Awesome Blackberry Ginger Dark Balsamic
- 2 tsp corn starch
- ½ cup cashews or peanuts (optional)
- In a medium size bowl, whisk Awesome Chipotle or Harissa Olive Oil, chicken broth, pineapple juice, soy sauce, Awesome Toasted Sesame Oil, Blackberry Ginger Balsamic (reserve 1 Tbsp). Set aside.
- Place the flour, salt and pepper in a large bowl and add the pieces of chicken. Toss together well to be sure each chicken piece is coated with the flour mixture.
- Heat enough Awesome Extra Virgin Olive Oil on med high so that you can shallow fry the chicken. Shallow fry the chicken until no longer pink, golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In a large frying pan heat the Awesome Garlic Olive Oil on med low and add the celery and onion and fry for a few minutes, until the celery just begins to soften.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch and the reserved sauce, mix well. Add to pan and stir.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, continue to stir until sauce thickens.
- Add the Pineapple and the chicken. Simmer for 1-2 minutes more. Add cashews or peanuts (optional) stir. Serve on favourite rice or noodles.